In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the recommendations and requirements being laid out by the government of Saskatchewan, this is the page where we will place up-to-date information regarding the operations at King Me.
Last Updated: June 7th @ 8:00am
New Hours (as of June 9th):
- Monday: 1pm -11pm
- Tuesday: 1pm -11pm
- Wednesday: 1pm -11pm
- Thursday: 1pm -11pm
- Friday: 1pm – 1am*
- Saturday: 1pm – 1am*
- Sunday: noon – 10pm
* Seating cut off at 11pm
- As of June 9th King Me will be opening our doors again as a board game cafe! That means you can come and play games with your friends and enjoy our 600+ board games again.
- To comply with Phase 3 regulations we’re adding the following procedures beginning on June 9th.
- Maximum of 25 seated customers
- Maximum of 6 customers per table
- 2m (6ft) spacing between tables
- No public access to formerly self-serve stations. This includes board games, water, sugar, cream, pens, and scorepads.
- All board games must be requested at the front counter
- No table service. All orders will be left on a pick-up table
- All high touch areas will be sanitized frequently throughout the day
- As of May 25th King Me will begin opening our doors for retail purchases, board game rentals, and drink take-out.
- To encourage physical distancing we will be limiting the cafe to
325 + 3 customers at a time (25 seated and 3 retail shoppers) and have marked the floor with appropriate physical distancing markers.
- If you are able to, we continue to encourage you to make your purchases, rentals, and take-out orders online, over the phone, or through Facebook Messenger.
- Online sales are still available through our website
- We’re also implementing FREE Saskatoon shipping to help out anyone currently self-isolating.
- Board game borrowing is being extended to anyone and not just King Me Members.
- All games will be lent out for up to 1 week
- There is a limit of 1 game per non-member and 2 games per member
- Deposits and rental rates will be required on rentals unless you have a valid 6-month or 1-year membership.
- More details here.
- In our effort to keep our customers safe, all new games will be thoroughly sanitized before leaving King Me and all returns and rentals will be held in ‘board game isolation’ for 3 days upon being returned to us before they are allowed to be rented again or put back on sale.
- During this time the most effective way to contact us is through Facebook Messenger where we will provide an automated FAQ system and personal support to answer any questions you may have.